You are here
Brookwood School Fast Facts
- Brookwood School is a coeducational day school founded in 1956
- Head of School Laura Caron
- 400 students in Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 8 from 37 communities
- Located on 30 wooded acres on Boston’s North Shore, on the Beverly/Manchester line.
- Accredited by the Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
- Three Divisions:
Lower School: PreK-Grade 3
Middle School: Grades 4-5
Upper School: Grades 6-8
- 59 teaching faculty, 75% of teaching faculty have an advanced degree
- Faculty/student ratio is 1:7
- Two turf fields, two gymnasiums, two playgrounds, pond, ten outdoor classrooms, one climbing wall, one innovation lab
- 13% of our students come from diverse backgrounds
- Snack and lunch provided every day
- 29% of student body receives some kind of tuition assistance/financial aid
- School Hours:
- Before-school coverage begins at 7:15 a.m.
- Morning drop-off: 8:05-8:20 a.m.
- Afternoon dismissal:
- Pre-Kindergarten: 12:30 p.m. or 3:00 p.m. (Monday- Friday)
- Kindergarten: 3:00 p.m. (Monday- Friday)
- Grades 1-3: 3:00 p.m. (Monday- Friday)
- Grades 4-8: 4:00 p.m. (Monday- Thursday), 3:00 p.m. (Friday)
- Extended Day Coverage until 6 p.m. (Monday-Thursday), 5:00 p.m. (Friday)
- Summer Camp program
Return to Admissions Home Page.