Winter 2019 After-School Enrichment Classes
Our courses, led by a dynamic and creative teaching staff, provide students with the opportunity to discover new interests, develop specialized skills, and have fun! Our winter 2019 class descriptions are available online now. Please sign up using the Parent Resources Server by Wednesday, January 2. Just a friendly reminder that some classes fill up very quickly. For that reason, registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. I'm happy to answer any questions about our programs or the registration process.
A message from the Director of Auxiliary Programs
I am thrilled to be in my fourth year at Brookwood! This year, I am exicted to share that Anya Ciarametaro joins me as the Auxiliary Programs Assistant. The programs we offer for the 2018-19 year will continue to build on the popularity that was evident during last year's after-school classes and throughout our Summer@Brookwood camp program. Please be sure to sign your child up for the courses and camps that you know are of interest to them so they don't miss out on the opportunity--many sessions fill up fast! Please note that the Parent Resources Server is where you sign-up for after-school enrichment classes, as well as the PreK & K Program, REACH and Homework Club. I'm happy to answer any questions about our programs or the registration process. You can contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 978-526-4500 x6244.
Learn More About Our Programs
We work to meet the needs of families by providing extensive before- and after-school programs. Early Birds offers supervised coverage for students of all ages beginning at 7:15 a.m. every morning. Our after-school care runs until 6:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 5:00 p.m. Friday, and includes:
- PreK & K After-School offers a balance of active and quiet time, and indoor and outdoor activities for PreK and Kindergarten students. The program, held in our PreK and Kindergeraten Program Space in Lower School, includes child-initiated and teacher-led activities such as block play, cooking, dance, dress-up, easel painting, outdoor play, story time and more.
- Recreation, Enrichment & Arts for Children (REACH) is our daily after-school program in the Lower School Town Square for students in Grades 1-3. Starting at 3:00 p.m., REACH begins with meeting time, greetings and/or activities based on the Responsive Classroom model. Students will always be provided with a snack followed by age-appropriate, structured activities including art projects, indoor/outdoor physical activity, reading, games and more.
- Homework Club provides students in Grades 4-8 with supervised study time from 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. in the library. Students remaining after 5:00 p.m. will be given the freedom to choose to participate in supervised recreational indoor or outdoor activities.
- After-School Enrichment Classes are offered in the fall, winter and spring. Sessions are 9-12 weeks long and meet one hour per week. Classes range in topic from the arts to athletics, providing students with an opportunity to explore various areas of interest. Past classes offered have included Yoga Karma Kids, Chess, Mural Painting, Zumbatomic, Flag Football, Legos in Action, Claymation, Martial Arts, Boston Children's Theater, Woodworking, Wizards, Fairies and Dragons, Comic Book Writing, Bird's Word School Newspaper, and Multisport. Some classes are open to students who attend schools other than Brookwood. View our current Fall 2018 class offerings.
- Music Lessons & Ensembles are offered through a vibrant after-school private music lesson program in which over one-third of our current student body participates. Students take lessons for voice, piano, strings, band instruments, guitar and drums. Many musical ensembles are formed each year including Concert Bands, a Jazz band, and Middle and Upper School Combos. Students interested in playing in an ensemble should contact Andy Luman over the summer or at the beginning of the school year. If a student expresses interest during the school year, Mr. Luman will try to recruit other interested students and start a new combo.
After-School Pick-Up Locations
Students may be picked up before 4:00 p.m. at either Middle or Upper school dismissal. After 4:00 p.m., pick-up for after-school care is in the following locations:
- PreK & K: Use the Lower School entrance to access the PreK and Kindergeraten Program Space.
- REACH: Use the Lower School entrance to access the Town Square from 4:00 - 4:45 p.m., and then the PreK and Kindergarten Program Space from 5:15 - 6:00 p.m.
- Homework Club: Use the front courtyard entrance to access the library from 4:00 - 5:15 p.m., and then use the Lower School entrance to access the Town Square from 5:15 - 6:00 p.m.
For more information about before-school programs, please contact your child's Division Head. For questions regarding after-school programs, please contact Justin Zappia by email at email@example.com or by phone 978-526-4500 x6244.